Article Text

Suspected botulism in foxhounds
  1. PG Darke,
  2. TA Roberts,
  3. JL Smart and
  4. PR Bradshaw

Abstract

An outbreak of acute paralysis in a pack of foxhounds, which followed the ingestion of raw and partially cooked meat, was almost certainly due to botulism. Botulinal toxin was detected in the serum of one of three hounds which recovered, and Clostridium botulinum type C was present in a sample of meat remaining from a batch fed to the hounds.

    Statistics from Altmetric.com

      Request permissions

      If you wish to reuse any or all of this article please use the link below which will take you to the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink service. You will be able to get a quick price and instant permission to reuse the content in many different ways.