Statistics from Altmetric.com
Officers of the BVA
President: Mr J. Blackwell
Senior Vice-President: Mr R. Hargreaves
Junior Vice-President: Mr S. Wensley
7 Mansfield Street,
London W1G 9NQ
Telephone 020 7636 6541
Fax 020 7908 6349
The BVA officer team's activities in the week ending May 24 included the following:
▪ The junior vice-president and the senior vice-president attended a Vet Futures roadshow in Manchester. The event was co-hosted by the junior vice-president and the RCVS vice-president.
▪ The officers attended a BVA Ethics and Welfare Group meeting, where topics discussed included wildlife management, a draft policy position on CCTV in slaughterhouses, non-traditional companion animals, the BVA's animal welfare strategy, and the implications of fireworks for animal welfare.
▪ The President and the chair of the BVA Board were guests at a Royal Garden Party at Buckingham Palace.
▪ The junior vice-president attended the UK European Coordination Group meeting.
▪ The President was a guest at the National Office of Animal Health's annual dinner.
▪ The President and the chair of the BVA Board were guests at the Veterinary Defence Society's 150-year anniversary dinner.
June 4 (Thurs)
Essex Veterinary Society Meeting, Postgraduate Medical Centre, Colchester General Hospital, Turner Road, Colchester, Essex, 19:45.
If you wish to reuse any or all of this article please use the link below which will take you to the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink service. You will be able to get a quick price and instant permission to reuse the content in many different ways.