Article Text

PDF
Toxicology
Fungal ingestion in companion animals
  1. Nicola Bates1,
  2. Nick Edwards1,
  3. Bryn T. M. Dentinger2 and
  4. A. Martyn Ainsworth2
  1. 1Veterinary Poisons Information Service, Medical Toxicology and Information Services, Mary Sheridan House, 13 St Thomas Street, London SE1 9RY
  2. 2 Mycology Section, Jodrell Laboratory, Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew, Richmond, Surrey TW9 3DS
  1. e-mail: nicola.bates{at}vpisglobal.com

Statistics from Altmetric.com

WE read with interest the letter by Irwin and Leech on fatal poisoning with Clitocybe rivulosa (=Clitocybe dealbata) (VR, August 2, 2014, vol 175, pp 122-123). The Veterinary Poisons Information Service (VPIS) regularly receives inquiries about animals that ingest fungi, particularly in the spring and autumn. Although the frequency of inquiries concerning fungi is high at these times, annually they comprise approximately 1 per cent of inquiries. In the majority of cases the species of fungus is unknown.

In 2012 to 2013 the VPIS …

View Full Text

Request permissions

If you wish to reuse any or all of this article please use the link below which will take you to the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink service. You will be able to get a quick price and instant permission to reuse the content in many different ways.