Canine atopic dermatitis – what have we learned?
- Tim Nuttall, BSc, BVSc, CertVD, PhD, CBiol, MSB, MRCVS1,
- Maarja Uri, DVM, MRCVS1 and
- Richard Halliwell, VetMB, MA, PhD, MRCVS2
- 1School of Veterinary Science, University of Liverpool, Leahurst Campus, Neston, Cheshire CH64 7TE, UK
- 2Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies, University of Edinburgh, Easter Bush, Edinburgh EH25 9RG, UK
- Correspondence to Dr Nuttall, e-mail:
Canine atopic dermatitis is a complex multifactorial disease. Here, Tim Nuttall, Maarja Uri and Richard Halliwell, representing three generations of veterinary dermatologists, describe the research underpinning our understanding of the condition and highlight its relevance to clinical practice.
- British Veterinary Association