Bluetongue in the United Kingdom and northern Europe in 2007 and key issues for 2008
- J. Gloster1,
- L. Burgin, MSc1,
- C. Witham, PhD1,
- M. Athanassiadou, PhD FRMets1 and
- Y.S. Mellor, BSc, MSc, PhD, DSc, FRES2
- 1 Met Office, Fitzroy Road, Exeter EXI 3PB
- 2 Institute for Animal Health, Pirbright Laboratory, Ash Road, Pirbright, Woking, Surrey GU24 0NF
- Mr Gloster is currently at the Institute for Animal Health, Pirbright Laboratory, Ash Road, Pirbright, Woking, Surrey GU24 0NF
As predicted, bluetongue arrived in the UK in 2007. Here, John Gloster and colleagues investigate the meteorological parameters that allowed this incursion into the UK and discuss key issues related to the disease's possible re-establishment in 2008.
- British Veterinary Association. All rights reserved.