Therapeutic applications of the human-companion animal bond
- E. J. Ormerod, BVMS, MRVCS1,
- A. T. B. Edney, MA, DVetMed, MRCVS2,
- S. J. Foster, BVSc, CertVOphthal, MRCVS3 and
- M. C. Whyham, MBE, BSocSci, DipAppliedSocial Studies, MA, CFCIPD4
Better understanding of the human-companion animal bond (HCAB) has resulted in a number of initiatives to help people with diverse health and social needs. The authors of this article trace the history of the HCAB, and discuss current programmes and key requirements for their success
- British Veterinary Association. All rights reserved.