Two separate incidents of poisoning, one involving the death of 10 cattle and the other four sheep following the use of sodium monochloroacetate, were investigated. The cattle drank from a farmyard drain overflow which undissolved herbicide entered. Sheep had access to spilt herbicide by a standpipe. Sodium monochloroacetate appears to be equally toxic to both sheep and cattle. The need to follow the manufacturers' instructions is emphasised.
- British Veterinary Association. All rights reserved.
Statistics from Altmetric.com
If you wish to reuse any or all of this article please use the link below which will take you to the Copyright Clearance Center’s RightsLink service. You will be able to get a quick price and instant permission to reuse the content in many different ways.